- Born & raised in Topeka, Kansas, and have lived in Lawrence since 1999. I’m a 5th generation Kansan — my great-great-grandfather homesteaded north of Troy, just across the border from Missouri.
- Received a Bachelor of Science degree in Anthropology from Kansas State University in 1993, and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems from Friends University in 2000.
- My love of animals and fascination with animal behavior led me to my current career path, as the Small Business Owner of Pet Minders of Lawrence LLC, a pet sitting business I started from scratch in 2006. Before that, I was an IT/Computer professional from 1999 to 2006 for GTech in Topeka and MartinLogan Ltd here in Lawrence.
I am proud to call Lawrence my home and public service has been very important to me. In the past 10 years I have been involved with a wide range of local issues:
- Appointed Member of the Joint Economic Development Council since 2012
- Leadership Lawrence graduate, class of 2013
- Co-Chair of the Lawrence Affordable Housing Coalition, a coalition looking to add safe & affordable housing policies to our comprehensive plan, Horizon 2020. Robert Baker of Tenants to Home-owners is the other Co-Chair.
- Purchased a house at 9th & Connecticut in 2003, which led me to join the East Lawrence Neighborhood Association. I was a Board member for 10 years and served in the past as Secretary and President.
This unique background that combines experience with neighborhood issues, small business ownership, and economic development policy, I feel is very a unique skill set. I am ready to put my experience to work for the people of Lawrence.