I am proud to call Lawrence my home, and public service has been very important to me. I am very excited to put my experience to work for the people of Douglas County.
- Lawrence City Commissioner since 2015, and Mayor of Lawrence in 2017
- Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Board Member 2015-2017
- Appointed Member of the Joint Economic Development Council 2012 -2015
- Leadership Lawrence graduate, class of 2013
- Co-Chair of the Lawrence Affordable Housing Coalition, a coalition that successfully campaigned to add safe & affordable housing priorities for our community. 2012-2015
- My love of animals and fascination with animal behavior led me to my current career path, as the Small Business Owner of Pet Minders of Lawrence LLC, a pet sitting business I started from scratch in 2006.
- Purchased a house in 2003, which led me to join the East Lawrence Neighborhood Association. I was a Board member for 10 years and served in the past as Secretary and President.
- Received a Bachelor of Science degree in Anthropology from Kansas State University in 1993, and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Systems from Friends University in 2000.
- Born & raised in Topeka, Kansas, and have lived in Lawrence since 1999. I’m a 5th generation Kansan — my great-great-grandfather homesteaded north of Troy, just across the border from Missouri.
This unique background that combines experience with government, neighborhood issues, small business ownership, and economic development policy, I feel is a very unique skill set. I am ready to put my experience to work for the citizens of Douglas County. Contact me at 785-312-4314 or email me.